Wednesday, May 23, 2007

..and the journey continue


23rd May 2007. The first day i'm writting on this blog. I usually wrote my rants on Friendster.com but for no apparent reason, in UAE, it's difficult to view my own blog.

I've been here in Dubai since 16th April 07 and my first impression bout this city started to change. When i first step my foot in Abu Dhabi airport, i was amazed with the car passing thru at the arrival area. While accompanying this new stewardess-to-be, named Natasya from Malaysia for few minutes, i get to see there're at least 5 Porsche Cayenne past in front of me. And for the past months, the only thing which is nice to see here in Dubai is the cars. It's cheap here. No road tax whatsoever. And that makes the traffic here kinda pathetic. Dubai is a small city, and basically the whole world is living inside it. Name any nationality, and you can find it easily in Dubai, especially Indian, Phillippine, Pakistan and Arab. But where are the locals?

So far, i've been to Deira Old Souq and i like it. Doesn't really make me feel like i'm in UAE, but more to New Delhi. Bought my new Sony T100 there with a good bargain. I've been to Mall Of The Emirates, well basically i go to the MOE every week! I live in Umm Suqeim area, which is 20minutes jog to Burj Al Arab, so MOE is kinda near and they house Carrefour, a place to buy all the food for the Villa. I've been to Ibn Battuta Mall, nice mall. Will go there again in the near future, and this time will bring my T100. Where else? hmmm clubbing? Yet to go to any posh club in Dubai (and there're a lots! More than Malaysia) but been to a pub full of Phillippino's, beer is cheap, so i don't really care bout the crowd. Last weekend (that'll be thursday nite) i when to a pub in York Hotel at BurDubai. Full of prostitutes, Russian, African, Chinese. Had a few pints of Kilkenny and Guiness with an Indian friend. Was approach by a couple of young Russian lady, tempted (and with a free treat offered y my friend) but it's just me... sex for money or money for sex doesn't really my way.... just need the beer. Planned to go for dessert safari, maybe in a week or two and bought a ticket to watch Aerosmith on 31st May at Exile Rugby Club (yet to know where's the exact location though). I'll have to go to Oman next month to stamp my passport as i'm only allowed to stay for 60days in UAE.

There're some activities which are to my interest! Sky diving, which i plan to do it in December, perhap on 15 Dec (damn, there'll go DH1,100) and air ballon ride (damn again, another DH850) maybe in November (perhap on the 9th) and upon obtaining my working Visa, getting (buying) a Harley Davidson. Oh yeah, hop on the Big Bus Tour of Dubai, just to have a glimpse of places of interest here in Dubai. Lotsa plan, but i dunno if i do want to stay here for that long. Because, other than what i've mentioned and shopping, yup... shopping is great here and can't wait til coming Dubai Shopping Festival in December (i think), for me Dubai is not a good place to stay.

Things here are expensive, i think more than Singapore. Peoples here.. hmm well don't really want to comment bout that as most of the comments will be negative. And it is HOT! Today, the temperature in the noon i think is 45deg Celsius. It's burning my brain, but for the sake of earning some extra quids compare to working in Malaysia, well, just gotta be brave and bold. Anyhow, i'll give myself, say a year to get a good feel of Dubai since peoples say that the weather is nice during winter (snow in the desert?). After which i'll re-evaluate of where i wanna head next (australia is still one of the place though), or head back to Malaysia and rearrange my life.

My life, for the past couple of days or so, has more or less melted! Things happened back home in Kuala Lumpur, which not supposed to be of my concern, but it did. I guess i gotta pull all the strenght i could and push forward. Some might say, no matter how much you love a soul, you might be together to walk her on the field of barley. I left the Country, to run away from peoples and thing was going just fine, till it dawn to me that there's hill for me to climb. I wish God will send me an Angel. Far fetch, i know.

Hmm i miss Malaysia... the foods, the peoples, my friends, good vibes, my family and she (the most).

No comments: