Friday, December 14, 2007

31 years of living

14 December 2007... I'm here on this planet earth for 30 years and 364days. I'll be 31 tomorrow. And come 2008, i gonna be 32. Such a big figure i reckoned.

Since my last post, somewhere last month, i was a bit tied up with works. New scope of works. I was promoted to Deputy Project Manager effective 1st December 07. With new power, comes new responsibilities, or something like that. And all that while, i dawn to me that, i need a concept or theme for my blog. A theme of what i gonna write about. Hmm it's kinda hard to flesh out new idea and proceed from there, unless i'm fairly clear what my blog is about. And the problem is, even til now, i'm still blurred. But again, when i think deeply about the whole picture, my blog is about my journey. And in my journey, i doesn't know where its' end. Much ado about setting a theme.

My previous post, about friendship, draw lotsa comments among friends and anonymous. I wish to thank all who commented and read my blog.

Birthday plan? I'm asking myself. I'm here in Dubai, no one special to celebrate with, only my co-workers. Am i turning into a dull person? Anyway, i might end up having dinner in Hard Rock tonight and might be asked to step on the stage and blow the candle. Standard Hard Rock Dubai celebration. But guess most probably i'll be home, thingking bout what's next!

Yup, it crossed my mind a few times, in this life, we tend to fall and stand tall. But it's always about, What's Next?

What's Next? Couple of months back, i rigorously submit lotsa application online, to various organisation in Malaysia. Really having the urge to go back and work in KL and thinking that it's not worth all the sacrifice growing up here in this shitty country. Anyway, i'm promoted and circumstances had changed. No matter how suck life in Dubai, for my short term next step, i gonna stay here, well of course, unless i'm offered a better job anywhere else. Choosing a next step is never an easy task to be carried out. All the things happened in our past shall be the guidance or lesson learnt. But do we really look into the past when we're making plan for the future? Well i know i'm not one of those. For me, my next step is just a next step. What comes around, i take it as fate or chance. And in this journey, i'm still searching in the dark, to find my way to someone's heart. All i'm asking for is the stillness of heart. But somehow, post 30th year, i think i'm fated to keep searching in the dark.

As we tried to walk the next step, we somehow, without ever knowing, are walking down memory lanes, down into the path of histories.

And we all, humble HomoSapien, don't really adore own history, do we?