Monday, June 4, 2007

Why i hate Emirates and Etihad...

Emirates Airlines and Etihad, both are based in United Arab Emirates. The former is based in Dubai and has long well known for its top of the class service while the later is UAE national carrier and based in Abu Dhabi, the Capital of UAE. No pun intended, but for now, i hate both... word and don't get me wrong, i admirer both fleet. Reason being, both remind me of aeroplane, and both remind me of a mode of transport so fast and efficient it can transport human from Dubai to KL in 7hrs 30minutes. One of the work site is based beside Emirates airport at Al Garhoud, and it is soooo painful (seriously!) to see peoples going in and out of the airport and seeing the plane taking off. Reasong being, i miss home... i miss Malaysia. I miss my life and i miss u. Indeed.

Being homesick (or am i sick and tired of Dubai?) in a desert will bring a whole new meaning for a person to love the mother land. Since day one i step my foot on UAE soil (it was more to concrete slab at Abu Dhabi Airport), i've been missing what i'd left behind in Kuala Lumpur. And staying here in UAE, for a person like me who enjoy cooking and Thai food, i really crave for good food. Again, no pun intended, there're lotsa restaurant over here selling good food, but anywhere you go, the same menu is on the list. Shawarma, kebab, beriani, mandi, that fresh kobis, bawang and carrot with lemon and gharoof... to all of you who doesn't speak Arabic, it's called Kambing in English and goat in Malay. For me, all this food, be it from Yemen, Iran, Afgan, Egypt, Arab, Lebanon or wherever Middle East, it all tasted the same, with lotsa whatsoever spices. I really need a good dose of tomyam at Lala Seafood or Nasi Daging/Lidah Merah in Kampung Baru. Or a meal of bubur nasi... with telur masin, ikan masin, kailan osyter sauce.. damn that's what we called Yummilicious! Please my friend, come November when i'm in Malaysia, please don't offer me a treat at Tarbush, Naab, beriani or roti.... I'll go to mamak for maggi goreng (Mira, please accompany me yeah). Speaking of maggi, basically for the past two months, maggi has been a routine meal in the afternoon, since it is too hot to drive out for lunch and it's basically easy to prepare the maggi in a cup for a quick meal. Do i loose my weight? hmm well i think so... But some part did stay as big as it should. Wink Wink!

Last weekend (that'll be friday), myself with some of the housemate when for eyes-cleansing ritual at Mall of the Emirates and Ibn Battuta Mall. Since it was too hot outside, it was only ideal to stay indoor and visit some malls. At nite around 10pm, all of us head to Eat & Drink for dinner. Chinese fried rice and Fried noodle. Eat & Drink is a eating place selling Lebanon food and some of Chinese dishes. The food was ok, and i always frequent this place. The price is kinda reasonable, a plate of Beef Noodle for Dh12, plus Roman Juice for Dh8, again Roman = pomegranate = delima = ruby. After dinner, we all when to a supermarket Union Co-op, to buy some fruits. Well i didn't buy anything though, since i was not in the mood at all the whole Friday, me and my French friend were busy tasting all the fruits placed on the racks... From grapes, apricot, cherry, strawberry but not the apple or watermelon la kan. And we end up buying just the grapes. Luckily no one caught us tasting those fruits. And belief me, a KG of grape is about Dh10 to Dh14, depending on the type and quality. A KG of apricot or peach is around Dh12. But a Kg of Rambutan and Mangosteen is selling at Dh27.90! I guess i wont be tasting tropical fruit for a while....

Sleepy eyes.. it's time to head home.... ops.. not! To head to the house.. I don't have a home here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

miss ur udang and ketam :(

Suraya said...

i wished i could go places like u. instead i'm stuck in m'sia watching the same scene over and over. aih..

Anonymous said...

Hi There I'd love to congratulate you for such a terrific made forum!
thought this would be a perfect way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Monte Phil
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/pool-party-supplies.html]pool Party Supplies[/url].